Creative Crafty DIY Ideas
Ok, so this post, like so many posts under the ‘Yogi Mo’ section, is not directly related to Hatha Yoga.
One might even say it has nothing at all to do with yoga. There I would politely disagree. Creativity, sustainable living, art, self sufficiency… these things are all part of a yogic lifestyle. So, is that why I’ve created this post? I would like to say ‘YES!’. But the truth is I’m buying a ‘new’ old house some time this year (hopefully a craftsmen style home from the turn of the century) AND hoping to open a yoga or wellness studio in another year. I’ve always had a very modern home or office. This time I want to go funky, creative, sustainable and recyclable.
SO…. I’ve been perusing the web for creative, crafty, diy ideas for home fix-up, landscaping, commercial design and interior design. The problem is that I find great sites and cool ideas, then forget about them. So… here I will keep a log of all the cool things I dream of making/creating/doing some day.
- Penny Floors or Counters – Photos and links to how to instructions to make a floor or counter from pennies. It’s cheap, easy and cool looking. Anyone can lay the pennies all you need is glue, polyurethane and epoxy. About $100 in pennies covers a bathroom floor.
DECOR & FURNISHING
- Hanging Branch Light – Branches, light bulb, wire and you have a cool lamp.
- TWIN BED COUCH – Twin mattress, random pillows, two small book cases and a couple wood palletes or cinder blocks.
LANDSCAPE & GARDNENING
- Plastic Bottle Greenhouse – Plastic bottles, a little wood and you’re set. – more info
- Hanging Plastic Bottle Garden – Turn that jug of Pepsi into an aromatic array of herbs!
- Beer Bottle Path – Head over to the local tavern and get yourself some empty bottles.
- Glass Bottle Fence - Rebar and Drilled Bottles
- How to Make Glass Bottle Walls – and a video here