Perfect Power – Free Yoga Sequence
1. Stand at the front of your mat in Mountain Pose. Back and neck are long, pelvis is slightly tucked.
> Close the eyes and allow yourself a moment to connect with your breathing.
2. Step back into Warrior I Pose. Weight is evenly distributed on your front and back legs, arms reach high, shoulders roll down, breast bone lifts and palms are parallel to one another.
> Stay here, strong and tall, for two to five breaths.
3. Shift into Warrior II Pose. Weight stays centered over both legs, arms reach in opposite directions, palms parallel to the floor, pelvis slightly tucked.
> Remain here, strong and tall, for two to five breaths.
4. Step back into Warrior I Pose as described above.
5. Find a focal point in front of you and connect with a sense of balance in your front foot. As you inhale slowly lift the back leg off the mat, using your moving focal point to maintain your balance until you are in Warrior III Pose. Once in position find a focal point on the floor as you reach the arms and extended leg in opposite directions. Palms are parallel to one another, neck is long, hips and torso are parallel to the floor if possible.
> Stay in this balance pose for as long as you can.
6. Shift into Half Moon Pose. Start by placing both hands on the mat about 12 to 18 inches in front of the feet. Once you find your balance move the left hand so that it is positioned on the floor NW to the feet. Place the right hand on the hip. You can stay here, or if you like you can open to full half moon pose.
> Hold half moon pose for as long as you can.
7. Release into standing forward fold. Knees are soft, bend is at the hips, hands are on the floor or yoga blocks on either side of your feet.
> Stay in this hamstring stretch for three to five breaths.
8. Repeat everything on the other side.